(Protection of the Privacy of Personal Non-Public Information)
- Protecting the confidentiality of our customer information.
- How we gather information.
- The types of information we share, why, and with whom.
- Opting Out - how to instruct us not to share certain information about you or not to contact you.
Protecting the Confidentiality of Customer Information:
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customer information very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to store and secure information about you from unauthorized access, alteration, and destruction. Our control policies, for example, authorize access to customer information only by individuals who need access to do their work.
From time to time, we enter into agreements with other companies to provide services to us or make products and services available to you. Under these agreements, the companies may receive information about you but they must safeguard this information, and they may not use it for any other purposes.
How We Gather Information:
As part of providing you with financial products or services, we may obtain information about you from the following sources.
- Applications, forms, and other information that you provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically, or by any other means. This information may include your name, address, employment information, income, and credit references;
- Your transaction with us, our affiliates, or others. This information may include your account balances, payment history, and account usage;
- Consumer reporting agencies. This information may include account information and information about your credit worthiness;
- Public sources. This information may include real estate records, employment records, telephone numbers, etc.
Information We Share:
We may disclose information we have about you as permitted by law. We are required to or we may provide information about you to third-parties without your consent, as permitted by law, such as:
- To regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials.
- To Protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability.
- To report account activity to credit bureaus.
- To consumer reporting agencies.
- To respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or regulatory authorities.
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or and operating unit, etc.
In addition, we may provide information about you to our service providers to help us process your applications or service your accounts. Our service providers may include billing service providers, mail and telephone service companies, lenders, investors, title and escrow companies, appraisal companies, etc.
We may also provide information about you to our service providers to help us perform marketing services. This information provided to these service providers may include the categories of information described above under "How We Gather Information" limited to only that which we deem appropriate for these service providers to carry out their functions.
We do not provide non-public information about you to any company whose products and services are being marketed unless you authorize us to do so. These companies are not allowed to use this information for purposes beyond your specific authorization.
We also may share information about you within our corporate family of office(s). We may share all of the categories of information we gather about you, including identification information (such as your name and address), credit reports (such as your credit history), application information (such as your income or credit references), your account transactions and experiences with us (such as your payment history), and information from other third parties (such as your employment history).
By sharing this information we can better understand your financial needs. We can then send you notification of new products and special promotional offers that you may not otherwise know about. For example, if you originally obtained a mortgage loan with us, we would know that you are a homeowner and may be interested in hearing how a home equity loan may be a better option than an auto loan to finance the purchase of a new car.
You may prohibit the sharing of application and third-party credit-related information within our company or any third-party company at any time. If you would like to limit disclosures of personal information about you as described in this notice, just check the appropriate box or boxes located on the electronic disclosures that are sent or given to you following your application of a loan. These boxes will indicate your privacy choices.
Privacy Information Related Specifically to This Website
Direct Mortgage, Corp. (hereafter referred to as “Company”) uses analytics programs to collect or view information about website visitors without storing any personally identifying information. Company does not resell the information it collects through these programs.
This website may also employ a ‘live chat’ software that allows the collection of individual names and contact information such as email addresses. This information may be used to contact the individuals through various media, such as, but not limited to, telephone and email for matters related to Company, its products and services. The information is not sold to third parties.
User profiles are created for individuals in order to give them access to our DirectWare® software. This profile has personally identifying information that is securely stored and may be used in the course of DMC business including but not limited to analysis; advertising; marketing; and originating, processing, closing, and funding loans. The information is not sold to third parties.
This site may link to third parties. Company is not responsible for any content of, or usage of third-party sites. Third-party sites may or may not have their own privacy policies.
This policy may be modified at any time. When it is modified, the revised policy will be posted on this site at www.directmortgagewholesale.com/privacy.html.
For questions, contact the IT Manager at 801-924-2300 or email@example.com.